9.28.2010

Weight Loss FAIL.

In my first week off of the crazy 700 calorie diet, I made a lot of what we would call "poor choices".  Don't get me wrong, I stayed within my points (my daily 26 + the 35 flex points) BUT, if I learned anything from the last 5 months, it's not how much you eat, it's WHAT you eat.  Apparently, once I stop paying someone to tell me what to do, I act like a Catholic schoolgirl in Cancun on Spring Break.  In other words, I had zero self-control.

The week started off pretty good.  My first major slip up involved my number one favorite thing to eat: Almonds.  I had absolutely no idea how little the serving size was, but when all was said and done, I had eaten 22 points worth of almonds in one sitting!  The rest of the day was filled with Salad and Salsa for the dressing.  Right after that, I had a major slip up.  My coworker brought in pumpkin donuts.  There are very few things in this world that I like more than anything pumpkin.  It was more than I could resist.  I ate 20 points worth of pumpkin donut.  I stayed within my points that day too.  I ate a lot of WW soup.  The following day was my friend MG's bachelorette party.  It seems like I ate my body weight in gyro meat but I thought I'd be fine because I had flex points left.

Today, I had my first WW weigh in.  I gained .6 lbs.  Yeah, that's not terrible.  It's not good either.  I know I need to make better choices and I think I've committed to doing that from this point on.  I had a long talk with my friend SG about it during our walk home at 4am from Power and Light.  She reminded me of all the things that I used to do that I guess I need to get into the habit of doing again.  Substitutions, in particular.

So, here's to re-committing and making better choices.  I sure hope I have a bit of success this week.  I was pretty sad about the gain.

2 comments:

  1. I know you can do it!!

    I don't know if you ever used this web site before, but the recipes are pretty good. Take special note of all the things made with pumpkin being featured down the right side of the page....http://www.skinnytaste.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also this one: www.dwlz.com
    My two current favorites are WW string cheese (1 point) and 100 calorie oreo dipped delight bars.

    ReplyDelete