9.20.2010

I did, in fact, WANT to look like a cartoon.

A couple days ago, I decided that it was time to get my hair cut off.  For as long as I can remember (at least several years) I've been trying to grow my hair out.  For those of you who haven't had the distinct pleasure of meeting my mom, she's blessed with incredibly thick, straight, jet-black hair.  Before she had to shave her head for Chemo, it was shin-length.  I'm talking, she could walk around with no clothes on and still be completely modest...that's the kind of hair she has.

It's not the first time I've mentioned that I lost the genetic lottery. This is just one of the hundreds of reasons why I feel that way.  My hair is thin enough to wrap a small hair tie around it 6 times.  It's also mad curly and grows at a snails pace.  While I know that some people out there think I'm prone to exaggeration,  in this instance, that is not the case.

Let's just say that after growing my hair out for years, and having it finally down to the middle of my back, the experience was, well....anti-climactic.  It didn't even look good.  It was too thin to have layers in it so it was essentially just flat to my head.  The added weight didn't help me have any volume either.

In an effort to liven things up a little, to add some volume, and have my hair look healthier in general, I decided to chop it off.  Now to the tricky stuff....to find a new 'do.  I thought about it long and hard and decided to browse Google images.  I Googled the phase "Short hair for round faces".  This just goes to show how absolutely awesome Google is.  One of the very first pictures that came up was from one of my absolute favorite Pixar films "Monsters vs. Aliens".  I've always thought I really liked the main character, Susan's hair.  I just never thought to use a cartoon character as my muse for a hairstyle.  Go figure.  I think it turned out pretty close, personally.

 Here's a side by side comparison.  I think Susan pulls it off better, but I don't think it's too bad.  Besides, from what I hear, no matter how crappy your haircut, the good news is that it'll grow back.  Words to live by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment