7.07.2010

A fiscal quarter of starvation (and other updates)...

Today I had my three month check in with Dr. Tague.  The funny part about this check in with Dr. Tague is that I've only met him one other time.  At that point, he said "You are a very overweight and unhealthy girl.  Let's take care of this!"  You can imagine that I wanted to punch this dude in the face.  Nothing makes me angrier than a 110 pound midget looking up and me and calling me a fatty-fatty-boombalatty.

Here's the skinny on what went down at this appointment.  I still don't know if my insulin issue is fixed yet. I have fasting labs next week and then I'll know if I need to go back on Metformin or not.  We adjusted my goal from a total weight loss of 77 pounds to 58 pounds.  That seems way more reasonable to me.  Given this, I'm now 59% of the way to my goal (I lost 2.4 lbs this week and 33.7 lbs total)

They took a 12 week picture so we can compare that one to my before picture.  I'll post it when I can get an electronic copy of it.  They also took measurements.  I've lost 18 inches from my body.  a whopping 3 inches from each thigh, 3 inches from my chest, and 3 more from my waist.  It's all very exciting.

When I'm 85% to my goal (an additional 15 lbs) they'll start introducing regular foods back into my diet slowly.  They'll start with fruits, and then whole grains, and then starches.  I'm so excited, I can hardly stand it!!

Another bonus, I built back some of that muscle I had lost.  I'm back up to 120lbs of sheer lean muscle.  I'm kinda proud of that fact.  I'm also proud of the fact that I can now run a half mile without wanting to die.  Yay me!

In other news, we have returned to a one cat household.  Kona was just too sick to deal with and it wasn't helping that he kept infecting Chai with whatever he had.  The shelter insurance may cover Kona, but not Chai!  The money we've spent in the ten days that we had the little guy is more than we pay for rent.  That's not okay.  The shelter gave me attitude until I told them the laundry list of things wrong with Kona.  Then they apologized profusely and promised I can have kittens for life with the fee waived because the vet should have made sure that the kitten was healthy before putting him up for adoption.  Taking him back to the shelter was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, but I'm happy to report that it was for the best.  Chai is back to his usual lovable self.  I guess he likes being an only child.

While we went from a two cat household to a one cat household, we moved from a one car household to a two car household.  Trying to live in a city with no real public transportation infrastructure is pretty hard with two people and one car.  I'll admit that for the most part, we've made it work.  However, it gets pretty old being stuck if the other person has a car.  Now that Sudhir wants to go to Baseball games and go golfing, we felt it would be a good idea for us to each have our own cars.  It also gets some of the expense out of the way for if and when we finally decide to buy a house.  Buying a house AND a car at the same time is pretty hard on the wallet. 

That's it for now, I guess.  Stay tuned for further updats.

No comments:

Post a Comment