5.20.2010

Week 5.5

Today I had a round of fasting labs at the buttcrack of dawn.  I usually have my appointment on Mondays after work, however, due to the fact they needed to be fasting labs, I had to move to Thursday.  I know I shouldn't be disappointed, but I really am.  I was sure that I had a big week.  I've been trying not to weigh myself at home like a crazy person because, let's face it, it's probably unhealthy.  When I heard that I had only lost 2.7 pounds in 10 days, I felt like crying. 

Apparently, I simply am not eating the right way.  I'm eating the right stuff and the right amount of calories, but just not at the right time.  I'm not gonna lie, I've been eating 3 meals by the time I get home from work.  I typically wake up at 6am.  That means I'm eating around 300 calories in 11 hours.  I then eat another 4 meals once I get home and before I go to bed.  Essentially, I'm shoving 4 meals into a 5 hour period and stretching 3 meals across 11 hours.  This weeks goal: Actually eat every 2-3 hours.  The way it was explained to me, 700 calories a day is basically starving.  The way you trick your body into thinking it's NOT starving (thereby boosting your metabolism) is by eating every few hours. Since I suck at doing that, I've been slowing down my weight loss. 

So, I hereby state that I'm going to do my damndest to do what I'm supposed to.  This is hard, and honestly, quite expensive...so I'd like to do it for as short a period of time as possible.

In other news, I plan an epic post about the impending Girl's Weekend of 2010 (Eureka Springs, Arkansas).  We leave tonight and I've been looking forward to it for longer than I can remember!!!

YAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment