3.30.2010

Even better than E=MC^2....



I think I've stumbled upon a hypothesis that's so intriguing, it warrants a blog post to see if there's any validity to my theory.  I'm no Einstein, mind you...but this equation might rock your world in an even more tangible way (especially if you're a single lady...)  Are you ready for this?  The equation that will blow your mind??

Sweet tooth = Sweet guy.

Okay, so it's not scientific...but any theory has to start somewhere, right?  As many of you know, I'm lucky enough to have one of the nicest, most thoughtful, and sensitive husbands around.  What you may not know about him, however, is the fact that he would literally trade all solid foods for a lifetime if you let him eat ice cream for the rest of his life instead.  His love of ice cream is so deep, he uses it as a measuring stick for how much he loves or doesn't love things.  For example, he loves me more but our cat, Chai, less.  That's intense.  So how did I connect the dots? 

I'm going to warn you that I'm about to make a lot of generalizations that may offend you, but as George Clooney once said "I stereotype, because it's faster."  Here it goes... 

Women like sweets.  Women are more sensitive than men.  Men tend to like savory more than sweet.  Men are less sensitive than women.  Therefore, men who like sweets are somehow more in touch with their feminine sides than men who do not. 

Okay, so it's a stretch. 

We went to dinner with a couple of friends over the weekend.  It was kind of hilarious because we were ordering dessert (my husband is always stoked about dessert.)  We ordered a giant cookie that was topped with ice cream.  Me, my husband, and my friend Cec all went to dig in.  Her husband said, "Eh, I don't really like sweets."  I gave Cec this look which basically said "Oh...sorry your husband isn't as nice as mine."  She looked confused.  I explained my theory.  At this point, she starts laughing maniacally and her husband basically said "she's laughing because it's true.  I'm definitely not as nice as Sid."  Then he said what I was struggling to find words to say.  He said, "Ya know, you're probably right.  There's probably something to that theory.  I mean, I never once saw a guy eating an ice cream cone or a giant muffin and thought 'hmmm, that guy is a dick.'  Makes sense"

Maybe guys that eat sweets are happier because sweets kick off their endorphins and endorphins make people happy.  I really don't know, but I challenge anyone to tell me about a guy who loves sweets but isn't a super nice guy.

1 comment:

  1. I agree -- to a degree.

    My theory is that has more to do with vanity.

    Hot guys usually know they're hot. And because they know they're hot, they're usually assholes.

    And the assholes tend to be way over-obssessed with body image, and thus deny themselves the glory of the cookie. And cake. Fools!

    You can keep your rice cake, jerk.

    ReplyDelete